Codes voor ziekteorganismen bij courgette
Cucumber mosaic virus
|Cucumber mosaic||CMV|| ||IR|| |
Papaya ringspot virus
|Papaya ringspot||PRSV|| ||IR|| |
Watermelon mosaic virus
|Watermelon mosaic||WMV|| ||IR|| |
Zucchini yellow mosaic virus
|Zucchini yellows||ZYMV|| ||IR|| |
|Squash leaf curl virus
||Squash leaf curl||SLCV|| ||IR|| |
Podosphaeria xanthii (ex Sphaerotheca fuliginea)
||Powdery mildew||Px || ||IR|| |
Schedule 2 - Resistance
- - Terminology and definitions
- ‘Immunity’ means not subject to attack or infection by a specified pest or pathogen.
- ‘Resistance’ is the ability of a plant variety to restrict the growth and development of a specified pest or pathogen and/or the damage they cause when compared to susceptible plant varieties under similar environmental conditions and pest or pathogen pressure. Resistant varieties may exhibit some disease symptoms or damage under heavy pest of pathogen pressure.
Two levels of resistance are defined:
- High resistance (HR): plant varieties that highly restrict the growth and development of the
specified pest or pathogen under normal pest or pathogen pressure when compared to susceptible
varieties. These plant varieties may, however, exhibit some symptoms or damage under heavy pest
or pathogen pressure.
- Intermediate resistance (IR): plant varieties that restrict the growth and development of the specified pest or pathogen, but may exhibit a greater range of symptoms or damage compared to highly resistant varieties. Intermediately resistant plant varieties will still show less severe symptoms or damage than susceptible plant varieties when grown under similar environmental conditions and/or pest or pathogen pressure.
- ‘Susceptibility’ is the inability of a plant variety to restrict the growth and development of a specified pest or pathogen.
- - Information per variety
Resistances in varieties of our crops will be coded (see coding list at
), unless indicated otherwise. In case a variety is resistant to more than one pathogen, the individual resistance codes will be separated by the symbol ‘/ ‘.
If in a resistance code of a certain variety reference is made to certain strains for which the resistance is claimed this means that no resistance is claimed to other strains of the same pathogen.
If, in a resistance code, no reference is made to strains of the pathogen for which the resistance is claimed, resistance is claimed only to certain not further specified strains of the pathogen and we hereby disclaim any guarantee that the variety will not be infected by the said pathogen.